How do I make the sidebar TOC expanded by default?

Dee Elling October 20, 2019

The TOC in the Cloud sidebar is collapsed by default. In the Server version you can set the level of nesting for the TOC. How do I expand the TOC to 3 levels in Cloud?

thanks -Dee 

2 answers

0 votes
Marie Arellano June 18, 2023

It's now 2023, is option to expand side bar parent menu by default still not available to Confluence Cloud?

0 votes
Dara October 21, 2019

I believe this is the same question as here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-automatically-expand-show-all-child-pages-in-the-sidebar/qaq-p/333429

In that case, it has already been answered :)

Dee Elling October 21, 2019

Um, that would be nice, but I'm not seeing it. There is no button to configure the Current Theme (Default Theme). According to that thread, the Cloud doesn't support this sort of configuration. 

Is this a Support issue? 

Dara October 21, 2019

Oh, my apologies. In that case I think it is indeed not an option for Confluence Cloud. You could definitely raise this as a support issue, but unfortunately I think it will take quite some time to resolve, in the best case scenario. Atlassian is currently swamped with the roll-out of the new editor and the bugs resulting from that.

Dee Elling October 21, 2019

Dang... I've been trying to switch to Cloud at different times since they rolled it out, but it still has so many feature regressions!  Thanks for your help Dara!  

Dara October 21, 2019

No problem! Always happy to help :)

And the frustration is very understandable...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events