Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering issue

GakushiNakamura July 26, 2020

I suddenly started to experience a terrible flickering issue today for the first time -- extremely damaging to productivity, and I would appreciate any wisdom anyone may have.

• Win10
  • Happens on latest versions of Chromium Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox
  • Documents are with max-width tables, about 100 lines
  • Happens while in Edit mode
  • No browser extension or Confluence add-on enabled

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Travis Vetter July 28, 2020

So, not OS specific, not browser specific...  

Note: So far, we've only ever seen the issue when "Header Row" is checked for the table configuration.   Unchecking this made it stop.    

Sounds like an Atlassian issue....   

GakushiNakamura July 28, 2020

WOW.  That did it, "Header Row".  I don't know how to thank you Travis, this definitely saved us a day, as we were close to temporarily migrating a key doc to Google Docs.

If you ever come to Japan post-covid, I will personally make sure your travel will be a great one.

Thanks again.

Like Sachin likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Travis Vetter July 27, 2020

You are not the only one.  

This started very recently.  Occurring in latest versions of Chrome, Win10, Online version of Confluence.  

This is, by somebody (Atlassian, Microsoft, Chrome) a change that was not vetted sufficiently and is impacting business performance.  

GakushiNakamura July 27, 2020

in fact, I can confirm that it occurs on Mac (Catalina) as well, running latest versions of Safari and Chrome.

I am speculating that it may have something to do with large tables and/or inserted pictures.  If the latter is of any relevance, the symptom persists even after deleting the picture.  The flickering is accompanied by a misalignment of the numbered column, and it seems to point fingers at an inserted picture, as the distance by which and the location where the misalignment starts matches the size of the picture.

I wasted half the day figuring out whether we can migrate to Google Docs -  which turns out to be possible but at a significant cost.  the hope is to find some way to fix confluence in the next few days..

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2020
GakushiNakamura July 27, 2020

Thanks for sharing these, I did find them before posting the entry.  I hoped it was happenning due to a conflicting add-in or a browser extension, but the problem doesn’t go away after disabling them all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events