You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Some users of my organization are experiencing this message by clicking on pencil icon (edit mode) in a Confluence Page (already created):
We've lost our connection to you, so we've disabled editing to prevent any issues. You'll be able to edit once we reconnect. Trying to reconnect...
This is a random problem but also blocking.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can I ask, does this happen to all users or only some? We've seen issues like this happen when you might be on the corporate VPN or behind a corporate firewall.
Page editing in Confluence uses web sockets which are a continue connection between the browser and editing service. If the connection is broken, then you'll see these errors.
So, please try on different networks, different machines (e.g. home personal machine and office machine.)
Also, anti-virus, ad blocking and pretty much any tool that gets in-between your browser and the Atlassian server can break the connection.
Finally, and this is a bit technical, but have a look at the Network Tab in the developer tools and look for any connections that start with wss://wikidocs.services.atlassian.com/ and see if there are any errors.
Hope this helps.
It seems that the page does have large content causing this do load in abnormal fashion.
Atlassian is aware of performance issues with large pages, as several bugs are currently being worked on : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70197and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-64686
Since Atlassian is working on these, I don't think there an immediate fix to your issue rather than "try to break up your page into smaller pages".
Yes, its not an acceptable case here. But for now 'breaking up to correct would be good here'.
Try to make it in expand the section and check the same data in the old legacy edition vs the new editor.
I'm not able to get the exact ticket tracking location for now.
Can you try below:
Also, if using chrome, try to check the console tab and network tab and check for the module consuming network or slowness.