Dynamic text link between parent/child pages

Jeffrey Walton November 16, 2021

Hello all!

New to Confluence and trying to figure out how to create a dynamic text link between a single field in a child page and a table in a parent page.  

Essentially:

Parent Page

Table A

row0 | Col1 | Col2 | Co3l |

row1 |

row2 |                       

row3 |

row4 |

row5 |

etc.. |

Child Page 1: Enter text in single field & it shows up in Table A R1C3

Child page 2: Enter text in single field & it shows up in Table A R2C3

Child page 3: Enter text in single field & it shows up in Table A R3C3

Etc...

I've tried making a single column/row table on child page but can't seem to be able to connect the two

Thank you for taking a look at this problem in advance,

Jeff Walton

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Hey yeah, I wasn't sure @Florian PEREZ 's suggestion would work in Tables, but whaddya know, it works great!

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 11.48.48 PM.png

Documentation: Insert the include page macro

If it's just a particular part of a Child Page that you want to include, you might try using the Excerpt Include Macro:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 12.14.56 AM.png

Jeffrey Walton November 17, 2021

The Excerpt Include was the perfect solution for what I was trying to do.  Wish it was a little more intuitive, but with any program that'll come with time.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2021

Hello ! 

Not sure on what you're trying to acheive but you can try to use the include page macro in Confluence.  It'll display all the content of the targeted page into the page you use it.  

Hope this can help! 

Jeffrey Walton November 17, 2021

I can see the Include Page being helpful, but the Excerpt include was a little more pertinent this time.  Thank you for answering though! Every little tip and trick is appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events