Can you send insert a link in a page to send an email

Rob Seaber July 20, 2022

Hi all, i'm excited to be here. I've raised a Jira issue for this, when I belated realised I should have checked with the community first - oops!

I really want to automate procedures - which I've put in confluence, many steps say send an email....from...to...subject...detail - it would  be great if someone following the page could. simply click on a link and it would that all for them.

Rob.

See Issue below for a bit more detail:

[CONFSERVER-79553] Send email macro: Automate the sending of an email by clicking on link on a pagen procedure - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Rob Seaber 

Are you on confluence server or cloud? 

I think you could achieve your goal with the scriptrunner plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215215/scriptrunner-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

Regards, Dominic

Rob Seaber July 25, 2022

Thanks Dominic. I appreciate your helping me out. FYI I'm using cloud.

I've found this so far in the script runner documentation, there's an example which refers to an event where a user is created in Confluence. It seems that it relies on an event happening. In my specific case my event is 'Clicking on a link' - i'm not sure script runner can handle this non system event.

Rob

Send a Custom Email (adaptavist.com)

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2022

Your link is for 'Scriptrunner for Jira'.

You need Scriptrunner for confluence. And here we have two different type. One for cloud and one for server.

The one for server - which I am using - is more flexible. The one for cloud isn't as flexible as the server version. But I think it should be managable. 

You then would need to create a macro, which displays a button and this button will call a rest service which will send the page as an email. It will be hard to implement, but should be managable. 

Probably a good way would be asking the adaptavist guys, if they did similar things on cloud before.

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events