Can I restrict a space but allow a child page?

Konrad Woloszyn February 12, 2020

I would like to restrict everybody besides HR to access the HR space but allow certain managers to access a one, specific child page. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2020

Dear @Konrad Woloszyn ,

afaik this is not possible. The recommended way is to open the space for all but creating two top level child pages eg. public and internal.

internal is restricted. If you would like to make pages visible to others, move them as children below public.

So long

Thomas

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

In addition to the answer by @Thomas Deiler If you want to maintain the structure in your 'restricted'/ internal page tree, I would suggest the include page macro - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/include-page-macro-724765214.html

You can then create your public content in the public tree, and then create an empty child page of the restricted page which has the page include macro to pull in the public content.

Konrad Woloszyn February 14, 2020

Hello James, thanks for the suggestion.

What would be the reason to include that macro? Would is sync the content of my public section into the restricted one?

Cheers.

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Effectively.

The behaviour would be to lookup and pull the public page content when the restricted page loads, rather than save a 'sync' copy.

Konrad Woloszyn February 14, 2020

This sounds like a very useful feature! Thanks a lot for your advice! 

Will this work cross-space too? 

Do you have any other shareable applications of macros that you'd be excited to share :)?

Cheers and have a happy valentines day,

Konrad

James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2020

Hey @Konrad Woloszyn , yes it will work cross space.

I recommend that you familiarise yourself with https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/macros-724765157.html , that will give you all the details you need on the macros available and how they work.

Konrad Woloszyn February 17, 2020

Hello James,

thanks a lot for your help and time to advise me :)! 

Have a good start of the week. Cheers,

Konrad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events