Alt text for images in the new editor?

Kristine Sihto January 16, 2020

Being a sometimes user of screen-reader technology, I frequently added alt-text descriptions on images in Confluence pages in the old editor. I've been trying to find a similar feature in the new editor, but I've been unable to locate a way to add alt-text. Is alt-text for images possible in the new editor?

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nicole January 17, 2020

I encourage you to vote for this oversight, err suggestion. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68350

Gina Palombit April 28, 2020

How do you vote for things?

Dan Winkler April 28, 2020

@Gina Palombit You need to be signed in to vote. Once you're signed in, you'll be able to click Vote for this issue on the right side of the page.

Gina Palombit April 29, 2020

I am signed in, otherwise I wouldn't be able to write a comment lol

Dan Winkler April 29, 2020

@Gina Palombit I think Atlassian Community (this site) and jira.atlassian.com (where the Jira is located) are two different sites, and require separate logins.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Watkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

As far as I know, it's still a missing feature. And an insanely bad oversight on Atlassian's part.

0 votes
Uche Ugochukwu August 16, 2021

image.png

All you need to do is add your image, click on the image, then select add "Alt Text" add you your text and hit enter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events