Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a user into a single space or page

Visola Gjeka December 7, 2021

I need to add an external user into our confluence space or page, and not in the whole site.

How can I do that?

I tried to add him from Administration option but this way I guess he can see every space and page in that site.

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Visola Gjeka 

If you add external user to your site, you can still control whether that user can have access to a certain space or all - via space permissions.

If you just want the external user to get view/read only access, you can think of enabling anonymous access to your space ( you can also save license using this ), You can read more about it here -

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-up-public-access/

Visola Gjeka December 7, 2021

Thank you @Kishan Sharma

So adding a user it is only possibile via Administration option and adding him firstly to all the spaces and pages and afterwards apply restrictions in every space/page I don't want him to view.

I was wondering whether I could only add him into a specific space or page: do you know if that's possibile?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Visola Gjeka There are multiple ways to add users to your site, you can refer them here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/add-and-invite-users-138313.html

Yes, adding individual users in a space is possible, you can add individual user to a space like this:

First, open editing for space permissions:

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.

2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar.

3. Select General from the Space permissions card.
    1. The Space permissions card is only visible if you're a space admin in that space.
  4. Select an Edit Permissions button (under Groups, Individual Users, or Anonymous Access).

To add a new individual user to your space:

1. Go to the Individual Users section and search for the person you want to add. (Users are added one at a time.)
  2. When you've found them, select Add.
    1. After the page reloads, you should see the user added in the list of other users.
  3. Repeat until you've added all the individual users you want to add. 
  4. When you're ready, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save all to apply all the changes you've made.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events