Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence as a FAQ Content Management System (Internal and External)

Warde Wynter January 12, 2022

Hi...does anyone have any ideas on how to use Confluence to manage the content for FAQ's, for Internal (Staff) and/or External (Customer) Users

We have created an FAQ page in Confluence, but it would be great to hear what others have done e.g. creating bespoke FAQ lists that link to content

Cheers

Warde

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jon Watts January 13, 2022

Hi @Warde Wynter 

Have you thought about using Jira Service Management which can hook up to a Confluence Knowledge Base and can then provide a customer (internal/external) portal for this type of thing?

Warde Wynter January 13, 2022

Hi Jon... thanks for the advice. 

My colleague who is more familiar with JSM  is looking at this option  

It does require we make an informed decision around information architecture the Confluence Knowledgebase, so are certainly looking into this option

Do you have any examples where this is used so  I can look at how it works 'in real life'

Cheers and thanks

Warde

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Warde Wynter

It would be great if you group the related contents using macros using sections to provide other related info when the user is browsing the page.

Create a hierarchy of pages grouping the related contents.

Have the separate spaces if the content is going to be distinguished as confidential even for external customers

Well, these are all the inputs that I have!!

Warde Wynter January 13, 2022

Thanks Pramodh

Points 2 and 3 make sense

Point 1 on Macro's is not something I am familiar with, but will certainly investigate

I am also toying with the idea of creating separate pages for each FAQ and then embed the page in whatever FAQ list we create (so a single pace to update content but be able to use the FAQ's across different lists 

thanks again...I will let you know how I go

Cheers
Warde

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events