Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud - New vs Old Edit Mode

mybucket2018 February 14, 2024

Does anyone else think the new edit mode for Confluence Cloud takes up a lot of space for teams to create content? It might not seem much, but when you're editing large documents which is using a lot of tables, images and macros, you notice how much of a pain it is.

Old vs New Edit Mode.png

I've logged a ticket with Atlassian to see if they can fix the unnecessary white space between the formatting tools and page title, and they have raised a new feature request to allow page creators to pop out edit mode to full screen. If you're interested:

[CONFCLOUD-77599] Option to create/edit pages in full page like before the new editing experience - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

2 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2024

TBH, I had not noticed that, but now that I see your side-by-side comparison, I cannot un-see it!

Rita Nygren February 20, 2024

Yeah, the white space is assuming everyone is working on an enormous monitor.  Place a developer with older eyeballs in front of a 14" laptop screen for a while.....

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events