Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridging the Clouds: Unleashing the Power of Atlassian's Cloud to Cloud Migration Tools

Have you ever wondered, "What should I do if I need to change my Atlassian cloud footprint after I've finished migrating?" or struggled with the complexities of migrating data from one cloud site to another?

Well I have. I’m Swarna Mehta, a Sr. Product Manager responsible for building the products and features that allow you to take control over how your data is structured even after it’s been migrated to cloud. Over the next few weeks, you’ll be hearing more from me in a series of community posts on this topic where I’ll be talking about our cloud-to-cloud migration capabilities and what problems they can solve for you. We’ll cover topics such as:

• What a cloud to cloud migration entails.

• Real customer stories highlighting how Cloud to Cloud resolves actual business challenges.

• The initial steps you can take to explore and leverage our cloud-to-cloud capabilities today.

• And finally, what lies ahead in the future of cloud to cloud.

by the end of this series, I'm confident that you'll agree with me that our cloud-to-cloud capabilities not only allow you to move your data in the cloud but also unlock opportunities for you to directly drive value for your organization.

But, let's kick off our journey today by talking about some common challenges encountered by many of you. In the rapidly evolving landscape of today, technology must be adaptable to support organizations and teams amidst continual change. Events like mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, or reorganizations - all have an impact on how teams function. Which means you need products that support your business endeavors, not hinder them. Operating on Server or Data Center, you had unfettered access to your data; however, this also meant bearing responsibility for maintenance, upgrades, etc. Moving to the cloud eliminated these concerns but restricted your access to the raw data and in-turn ability to manipulate and move that data

So to ensure you can confidently migrate your data between cloud sites; we’ve developed cloud-to-cloud tooling. Previously migrating from one cloud site to another involved a cumbersome reverse migration process – requiring extraction of your cloud site, migrating that extraction to Data Center, making necessary adjustments such as combining sites, and then re-migrating them to cloud using our 'Cloud Migration Assistants' - not an ideal experience.

With our cloud to cloud tooling, found in the AdminHub, you can seamlessly migrate your core product data between different cloud sites without any cumbersome intermediary steps.

Dashboard_empty state2x.pngDashboard_2x.png

Select Projects 2x.pngDetails_2x.png

Which means you can more easily:

• Manage your scale by optimizing site performance through splitting larger non-performing sites into smaller ones.

• Organize sites by aligning them with regions or organizational structures.

• Reduce application costs by federating sites based on app usage needs.

• And much more!

But don’t just take our word for it tune in next week for our second post where we’ll be taking you through a real customer story that leveraged our cloud to cloud tools to make a difference for their organization.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events