Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi team, I'm looking for more documentation about how can i add data to components from my service.

emiliano_pedroza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2024

I have a service that gathers insights about other services like metrics, health check data, etc. I would like to publish this data to Compass for each component. I read this can be done by using the GraphQL API but I'd like to see more documentation and examples.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2024

Hi @emiliano_pedroza and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are meanwhile two ways to ingest metrics and events into Compass:

REST API

The Compass REST API has recently been added as a slightly more lightweight and/or convenient starting point, still needs a tiny bit of GraphQL though - refer Send events using REST API for details.

Forge app / GraphQL API

The more flexible and comprehensive approach is to write an app for the Atlassian Forge platform that Compass itself is built upon. The team also provides the GraphQL API toolkit, which wraps and exposes the underlying GraphQL API via JavaScript/TypeScript methods for ease of use.

Example apps

There are several Compass example apps to get started, including the Compass metrics and events ingestor app that "Uses the dataProvider module and webtriggers to set up and ingest metrics and events on a Compass component".

The Compass team also curates their own compass-examples repository, including a Compass Metrics and Events Statuspage Example (Custom UI).

Also linked there is the considerably more comprehensive yet also more complex official GitLab app for Compass app that Atlassian is refreshingly making available as OSS.

Cheers,
Steffen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events