Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass and Jira "Bulk Change" - compass id format

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2023

Hello

I am in the process of migrating our jira "issues" from using components to using Compass components.   I know that there are future improvements to bulk editing coming, but for today it appears that a text based identifier is needed to do the bulk move. 

My question is in what format should that data be put into the Bulk change tool? (compass id, URL to the components, other)?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2023

Hi Ken, thanks for reaching out! 

So, to use the integration today, you'd need to use the Component ARI, which you can find by clicking the ... menu on the top right of a Component screen. I know it's a bit of a pain and it's definitely a long process that way. 

However, I'd actually suggest holding off on this work. I'm working on an announcement (set for next week) about our new version of the JSW integration, and it won't require any of this work. We're going to align with the Jira Components field. 

I hope this isn't too much of a hassle - let me know if you have any questions and otherwise keep an eye out for info very soon. 

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2023

Thanks for the quick response Katie.   I was only a few "testing" tickets in, so I will hold off until next weeks announcement.  Looking forward to testing the feature out.

Like Katie Silver likes this
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2023
Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Thanks for heads up.   If I am reading correctly, this will be "preview-able" in Dec?

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2023

We'll have our first release in Mid-December. I'll provide a way closer in to opt-in to the first cohort, if you want to start using it then! otherwise it will be 100% available in January. 

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Thank you Katie. Yes, I believe we would like opt-in to the cohort.  

Ken

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2023

ok great! I'll keep you posted. 

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2023

Hi @Ken Young ,

I just posted a link to the signup form - would you mind filling this out for me, so we know what site to activate the integration on? 

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2023

Thanks @Katie Silver .  Form submitted.

Like Katie Silver likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events