Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Request: Automation for Jira - Send Events to Compass

Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2023

Hi wonderful Compass beta users!

Shu from Compass here. We're thinking about our first feature of automation for Compass, a Compass action for Jira called 'Send Events to Compass'. For users that use automation for Jira, you'll be able to create an automation rule with the action to send any kind of event associated with an issue to a Compass component's activity feed. Some examples of events you could send from a Jira issue might be:

• Any changes to an issue such as being created, assigned or closed
  • A vulnerability being found using Security in Jira.
  • A version being released.
  • Pull requests, branch created.
  • JSM approvals (completed or required).
  • Anytime an incoming webhook is received. 

These events will be plotted onto their own row, specifically created for automated events.

We'd love love feedback from you, and if this is something you'd use.

Additionally, would you be interested in automating anything else to, in or from Compass? 

Please let @Josh Campbell  or I know if you'd like to chat about the 'Send Events to Compass' from Jira action, templates, apps, or anything else automation related.

Below are some concepts of the 'Send Events to Compass' action in Jira.

ActionsGifTiny.gif

Configure the action to whichever event you'd like to send to Compass with configurable metadata and links.

AutomationEventsTiny72015fps.gif

Interact with the automated events for your component and it's dependencies on the activity feed.

Compass Action Templates.png

Use prebuilt templates to quickly create automation rules to send events back to Compass.

Future Concepts:

Notifications.pngMetric.png

1 comment

Ole Treptow October 17, 2023

@Shubhank Sahay, @Josh Campbell,

that'd be a great integration. and actually what I need right NOW! :D

we're integrating Jira Service Management in combination with Opsgenie and Compass at the moment. happy to help!

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2023

@Ole Treptow thank you so much for writing!! I've got this currently on deck for Q1 2024. I'm personally HIGHLY interested in shipping this for you as well and working on getting it out as soon we can. Thanks again for the validation!

Like Ole Treptow likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events