Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Custom Fields are here!

What happens when a custom field... is too custom? 

Sometimes, it's great when your team can enter their own field values. Sometimes it's not a preset list. But when you are dealing with compliance, or finance, or sales, or really any topic that requires analysis, it's helpful to have your team pick from a standardized set of options instead. 

Announcing, Dropdown Custom Fields! 

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.50.39 PM.png

We have recently shipped a new custom field type that allows you to enter options at setup, and your devs can either select a single or multiple options. Simple as that! (Yes, it works with config-as-code too.) 

Check out some more examples below, and let us know how you'll use the dropdown. What would you like to see next?

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.58.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.55.47 PM.png

4 comments

Garyl Paras August 25, 2023

Any plans on adding this to the scorecards and filters? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Patrick Hill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Thanks @Garyl Paras We'll be adding Scorecard criteria and filters for this in component search in the future - we'd love to hear how you'd want to utilise criteria for these fields, or in filters when searching for components.

Like shall likes this
shall October 5, 2023

@Patrick Hill I was just looking for the feature @Garyl Paras is talking about. I'd like to use Scorecards to ensure certain dropdown fields are filled in, but this does not seem possible at this time.

I would use filters with to check dependencies by our dropdown field selection.

Ben Krig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2024

We recently revisited this feature and shipped functionality so that you can filter by dropdown custom fields directly in the UI!

Check out https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Compass-articles/Search-and-filter-your-components-with-dropdown-custom-fields/ba-p/2693884 for more details!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events