Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This month 1 like = 1 tree 🌳 (and that’s just the beginning)

224 comments

Comment

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2023

A Tree Should Be Planted For This
Less than 7500 to go with 9 days left!!
This Community Rocks!!
The Like-O-Meter
1kaday.jpg

1000 a day to keep the parking lot away.

Like • # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2023

@Craig Nodwell Your contribution is almost 10% of the total campaign. You will have your Forest this time with the help of Atlassian Community.

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

@Marjorie Your facts and information in the comment thread is answering many of my questions. Thanks for sharing.

Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2023

Sounds Good, Awesome ..!!!!!!!

Its a great to know. 

lets do it soon.

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2023

@Monique vdB  I've created a separate disucssion for my request regarding Atlassian Global Initiative here:

Feedback for Global Initiative:- Atlassian Global Impact

We should discuss regarding this once we complete the July Plant Trees campaign.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 24, 2023

Hooray! We're at 77% and in the homestretch of our tree planting! I KNOW we can hit 30,000 trees before the month is out so let's keep RSVPing, Sharing content, giving Kudos, and of course, smashing that Like button!  😉

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 10.18.32 AM.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 24, 2023

There are a lot of amazing riddles here in the Jira Riddle Cup post, worthy of some likes!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2023

Gonna be close!  Less than 6700 to go!

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2023

Here's today's Like-O-Meter
1000 A Day To Keep The Parking Lot Away
A Tree Should Be Planted For This
1kaday.png

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2023

Why trees?  'Why are Trees Important?' Eco-Poster - Kathryn Rose Newey

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2023

Why trees Importance of Trees

Randy O'Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2023

So... I'll throw out a contrarian view on the whole "global warming" debate.  CO2 FEEDS TREES.  Trees take our CO2 and - via photosynthesis - converts it to oxygen.  Trees are not the only organism which performs this miracle, but they are a HUGE factor in the overall global equation.  We should not downplay the importance of responsible management of our CO2 footprint, but we don't hear near enough about how CO2 feeds our global ecology, most notably... TREES.

Plant as many as possible; clear-cutting forests decimates our eco-system, and destroys the habitat of countless species of animals and insects.  Despite my personal hatred of spiders and snakes, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God - in His infinite wisdom - has placed ALL of it here for a purpose.  Hopefully the spiders and snakes can play their part in His magnificent symphony of life somewhere other than my "1 acre of crabgrass", lol.

So, plant as many trees as possible.  @Monique vdB any updates on our totals as of today?

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

Tree planting... Image result for tree planting day

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023

In one year, a mature live tree can absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide, which is permanently stored in its fibers until the tree or wood experiences a physical event that releases it into the atmosphere, like fire or decomposition.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023
How many trees offset 1 ton of CO2?
31-46 trees
According to scientific studies, a single tree can offset anywhere between 21.77 kg CO2/tree to 31.5 kg CO2/tree per year. In order to offset 1 tonne of CO2, you would need between 31-46 trees.
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

My like button is broken... so here instead...

Image result for the wonders of trees

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

Bizarre info image.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 25, 2023

I believe in us!!

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.57.25 PM.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 25, 2023

@Randy O'Neal sorry the daily update was a bit late, but you can check on our progress anytime in your kudos window! Just click on the mission and check the fine print. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.59.42 PM.png

Randy O'Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023

Maybe this would work as a badge for over-achievers...

Groot.jpg

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2023

My goal was 500 ... I met and exceeded it!  I challenge you all to "exceed your goals"!  image.png

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023

10 Tree Facts ideas | tree, facts, stormwater

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023

Tree Facts Feature

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2023

Trees can help reduce stress.- Facts About Trees

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events