After some time passed being involved in the kudos pilot I take the liberty to write some experiences down. They are in no particular order and there are no show stoppers for me - meanwhile it is working pretty good.
What I really like:
- giving/receiving kudos as recognition is a new function, up to now there was no such option - that's great
- the kudos system is transparent and works very well
- the dashboard is very easy to reach and it loads pretty fast in most cases
- the challenges are easy to understand
- the challenges meanwhile trigger reliable
What could be improved:
- items in the trophy case can be clicked on to get some details - this is not easy to understand
- when clicking on items in the trophy case the text is cut and the formatting makes it hard to read (using Mozilla Firefox at least)
- the leaderboard distinction between the users could still be improved (Global / Community Leaders), there had already been ideas around in this group
- a level higher than "Harvest" would be a good idea
- personally I'm a bit unsure about the "Super Solve Thursday". It's cool but in case the Thursday is a busy day without having time to check back to Atlassian Community there is no chance to earn the extra kudos
- sometimes the kudos button is just not there, same time the avatars all over Community are missing then same time (probably a connection/session/timeout issue and not really related to kudos pilot)
These are just some bullet points they came lately to my mind.
Overall it's an improvement and a nice addition to what Community already offers.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events