Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge accepted, done... but not rewarded?

Hi everyone,

I only recently started out to actively participate on here, as I had some spare time on my hands. Now, opening the Community is my morning coffee or a much needed, small break from other tasks.

I very much enjoy the hunt for more Badges and Kudos Points but am left a little disappointed, as quite a lot of my Challenges are still in To Do, even though I completed the tasks.

Only one example: Jira Journey. I introduced myself in the group but never got the points for it. Is there a rhyme and reason? Has anyone else issues with that specific or other Badges?

Others have mentioned the high threshold to level 11, 12 and so forth. It seems impossible to reach those with purely answering questions. So consistently getting points for the other challenges would be helpful.

4 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ first of all, on behalf of all community members and leaders let me say - we've noticed! Thanks for jumping in to the community and providing great answers and content for the users. 

It's frustrating when the kudos don't act like they are designed to, but it's usually a backend problem - all of your activity is accounted for. @PJ Zaiac I'm not sure if you're the one I should be tagging here, but can you look into @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_'s activity and see why she's not being awarded the points she's earned?

Keep up the great work @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 18, 2024

@Andy Gladstone Thank you for tagging me in here! I'm absolutely the right Atlassian to loop in when Kudos are being finicky :)

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ At the risk of repeating some of what Andy's already said, I'm right there with you - badges not behaving and populating as they should is absolutely frustrating! 

It's not all that abnormal if a badge doesn't populate right away once a challenge is completed - some of our automated badges can take up to 15 minutes to show up on your profile. That being said, Andy is also right that the Jira Journey badge specifically is indicative of a back-end issue.

I am investigating the issue and will have that particular badge back up and running later today - once I've ensured you've received the proper credit for your activity, I'll let you know here as well!

I also just wanted to mention that we very much appreciate the feedback regarding higher levels feeling impossible to achieve with the amounts of points you receive for challenges, and are taking a look to ensure that our late-cycle missions reflect a meaningful amount of points - keep your eyes peeled for updates in that regard soon!

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 18, 2024

Hi again @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ ! Just wanted to loop back now that I've finished investigating - I've confirmed the badge is behaving properly now, awarded you the Jira Journey badge as you did complete the step required for it, and sent you a bonus Kudos as a thank you for reporting this our way! 

I'm unable to see your specific to-do challenge menu, or confirm other badges that haven't populated on my end. If you're still missing badges that you believe you've completed, please tag me here so that I can look into them for you. Otherwise, have a great day! ☀️

Like # people like this
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2024

@PJ Zaiac Thank you so much for a quick response and fix! The only other badge that seems to be bugged as of now is the "Leaders' favourite". I don't think I already fufilled all of it, but should at least have one in any category. It says 0 in all though. 

I know I had answers voted and posts liked by several members marked as "Community leader", @Andy Gladstone being one of them ;) 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events