Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Awarding peer kudos: looking for your input!

Monique vdB Community Manager Apr 22, 2021

Before I get to the request for your ideas, I want to highlight a bug in the peer kudos experience that you may be running into. 

As you may have already seen, the search in the recognition widget cannot handle spaces or special characters. We are working to fix this bug!  I'll keep you posted on our progress. 

In the meantime, I've found that using last names can be helpful, since last names tend to be more unique. Enter the person's first or last name, and then scroll to find the person you are looking for.  This will only show you users who are also enrolled in the beta.  (Note: all of our Community Leaders are enrolled in the beta.) 

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 9.30.11 AM.png

Another issue we are aware of: you can't see why someone has awarded you kudos. We're working to fix that ASAP as well. 

We also are thinking about including other ways to give people kudos: for example on individual posts, or on their profile pages. Do you have any ideas of how we could make this work best? Where would you like to see this option? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

3 comments

I must say, you're pretty quick Monique! I discovered this "bug" and found the workaround as you suggested. In fact, I was typing your name and when I got to the "space" after your first name, the Search tool started displaying "Results not found". However, if I stopped right at the final letter of your first name, I could see all the "Monique" users in this community. I like the last name approach even better. I'll have to try that next time. :)

Like # people like this
Dave Liao Community Leader Apr 22, 2021

Suggestion: If someone "likes" your content on Community, that should feed kudos. One like doesn't have to equal a kudos, of course! (To prevent abuse, etc.)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Yes, perhaps it could be stepped, so for every 5 "likes" some Kudos was awarded, perhaps even 5 Kudos? I wonder what would happen if someone had 4 likes, and then someone liked, un-liked, then liked, the post?!

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you