Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Tiffany Scolnic shares her favorite cookbooks 📚 and a beloved Persian recipe 🥘

Hi Atlassian bakers,

To celebrate the festivities of our Great Atlassian Bakeoff competition, we're showcasing Atlassians who love baking and cooking to inspire you as you dream up your creations and fine-tune those recipes.

Join our Community Contests group to follow along with Atlassians' favorite recipes, hear collaboration learnings, and save noteworthy teamwork tips from the rest of her team to come, as well as recipes from more global Atlassians to inspire you throughout next week!

We're kicking things off today with my colleague @Tiffany Scolnic, who shares her favorite cookbooks, her ingredient for a successful team, and a favorite Persian recipe:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 4.49.15 PM.jpg

A lemon turmeric cake I made over the Thanksgiving holiday!

Hi, Tiffany! Tell us about your role and team at Atlassian. What’s your favorite Atlassian value, and why?

I am a Manager, Customer Success and support a team of 8 Customer Success Managers within the CSI org.

My favorite Atlassian value is Play, as a team because I believe that our greatest successes come from collaboration and teamwork. Playing as a team means we also get exposed to new ideas and fresh perspectives. 

We heard you love to cook and dabble in baking! How did you start learning, and what do you love most about it?

I’ve come a long way since my days of making Hamburger Helper and Rice-A-Roni for dinner. I started learning by exploring new recipes online and identifying certain flavor profiles that I really loved and could tweak to match my taste preferences.

Since then, I’ve grown quite the collection of cookbooks and started following food blogs and trends. Cookbooks are a ton of fun, in my opinion, because you get to make notes about modifications, track what you’ve made and what you like, and it’s less screen time than looking up a recipe online.

I really love cooking because I find it to be a cathartic way to show self-care and be mindful and intentional about what you are putting into your body.  

P.S. Here are my favorite cookbooks!

71h7q5Xl6tL.jpg image-20211201-224922.png
 Milk Street Tuesday Nights HBH Super Simple (the beef bourguignon is 🤤 )
 image-20211201-225204.png  image-20211201-225134.png
 Cook This Book Nothing Fancy

Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share?

My mother is Persian and I grew up on delicious Iranian food - one of my favorite foods to make is Khoresh Fesenjan (a stew made with chicken, walnuts and pomegranates). You can find the recipe at Persian Mama, where this image is from!

food.png

What kind of kitchen collaborator are you?

I like to divide and conquer. In an ideal set up, I’d partner to have all the prep done ahead of time (chopping, dicing, etc) and this way I can focus on the actual meal preparation. Having someone on hand to do the dishes is always a good thing, too :slight_smile:

What’s a go-to “ingredient” or quality that successful teams have?

Communication. Sharing what works, what doesn’t, likes, dislikes…every person is so unique that making a one-size-fits-all approach is just a recipe for failure (pun intended!)

Anything you’d like to share to cheer on those participating in the Great Atlassian Bakeoff?

When in doubt, add more chocolate!

Thanks so much, Tiffany! Enter our Great Atlassian Bakeoff competition, and share/follow along on the community and on social media with #atlassianbakeoff. We can't wait to see your creations!

1 comment

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 8, 2021

I love this post! I also just ordered the Half Baked Harvest cookbook. Thanks for sharing the recipe for Khoresh Fesenjan - it looks delicious and I definitely want to try and recreate! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events