It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Clover plus IntelliJ 2018.3: "Toggle build with Clover" button does not work?

I did the following:

1. Went to http://openclover.org/doc/manual/latest/idea--installation-guide.html

2. Followed the instructions for "Installing the plug-in manually" (when I tried the native plugin installation I got a version that required a license)
  3. Restarted IntelliJ
  4. Clicked (enabled) the "Toggle build with Clover" button, rebuilt when prompted
  5. Ran my tests
  6. Refresh coverage (green arrows)

I do not see coverage.  I can confirm that no file is created in the .clover directory.

In order to get coverage, I have to change the Flush Policy.  It doesn't matter what I change it to -- I just have to change it, then rebuild when prompted.  When I do that, coverage shows up.

Then once I have coverage that shows up, when I click (disable) the "Toggle build with Clover" button, it is still compiling with instrumented code.  So I get this compilation error in every instrumented class:

Error:(121, 2835) java: package com_atlassian_clover does not exist

The only way to get rid of this error is to change the Flush Policy (doesn't matter to what, I just have to change it).  Incidentally, when I do this, I still see red/green/gray code highlights and gutter marks, even though the code is not instrumented.

FWIW, my settings are:

Preferences -> Clover (project settings)
        Check "Enable Clover"
        Compilation tab:
                InitString --> Automatic
                Flush Policy --> (doesn't matter)
                Check "Instrument test source folders..."
                Instrument lambda functions --> none
                Rebuild Policy --> Ask
        View tab
                Refresh policy --> Manual
                General --> Check "Show source highllights"
                Per-test Coverage Data --> Check "Load per-test coverage data..."
        Contexts tab:
                Nothing here

Preferences -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Compiler
        Uncheck "Compile independent modules in parallel"

1 answer

0 votes

Clover has been never tested with Intellij IDEA 2018, so this may be some compatibility problem. Watch https://bitbucket.org/openclover/clover/issues/68/support-idea-2017-and-2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

Introducing Statuspage Free

Atlassian community, Today is a major day not only for Statuspage, but also for the Atlassian community. Statuspage continues to be the industry leader for incident communication by constantly look...

91 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you