stash triggering bamboo build problems

Stash v3.2.2, bamboo 5.6.1, stash type repo triggering seems to work most of the time but fails quite often, need to run bamboo builds manually. Any pointers how to analyze/solve the problems? 

2 answers

1 vote

To enable more debugging information in Bamboo (this list is from incoming Bamboo 5.7 but most (or even all) will also work in 5.6):

ALL com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.branch
DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.build.strategy
DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.events

ALL com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.stash.remote.event.listener

ALL com.atlassian.event.remote.impl.diagnostics

DEBUG com.atlassian.event.remote.impl.rest

DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.stash.remote.event.status

First thing to try if you can is to update both Stash and Bamboo to newest available versions. I know that Stash had one bug (events flood detection triggered to eagerly = events stopped being sent) and I think Bamboo had one fixed too. (I can't check which versions right now)

One more thing you can observe is - if problem is only with branches or also on master.

The way it supposed to work is - it does sort of ping between Bamboo and Stash. When Bamboo detects that remote events are not working it should fall back to polling. In Bamboo 5.7 there is a additional section (system configuration admin) showing connection with Stash status, but it's not released yet...

Plan B would be to switch to polling trigger until you can diagnose it better in 5.7.

Thanks, will try!

Sigmund, did you ever solve this? We're having the same problem with Stash 3.6.0 and Bamboo 5.7.2.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

22,821 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you