Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash triggering bamboo build problems

Sigmund Lundgren September 26, 2014

Stash v3.2.2, bamboo 5.6.1, stash type repo triggering seems to work most of the time but fails quite often, need to run bamboo builds manually. Any pointers how to analyze/solve the problems? 

2 answers

1 vote
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2014

To enable more debugging information in Bamboo (this list is from incoming Bamboo 5.7 but most (or even all) will also work in 5.6):

ALL com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.branch
DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.build.strategy
DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.events

ALL com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.stash.remote.event.listener

ALL com.atlassian.event.remote.impl.diagnostics

DEBUG com.atlassian.event.remote.impl.rest

DEBUG com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.stash.remote.event.status

First thing to try if you can is to update both Stash and Bamboo to newest available versions. I know that Stash had one bug (events flood detection triggered to eagerly = events stopped being sent) and I think Bamboo had one fixed too. (I can't check which versions right now)

One more thing you can observe is - if problem is only with branches or also on master.

The way it supposed to work is - it does sort of ping between Bamboo and Stash. When Bamboo detects that remote events are not working it should fall back to polling. In Bamboo 5.7 there is a additional section (system configuration admin) showing connection with Stash status, but it's not released yet...

Plan B would be to switch to polling trigger until you can diagnose it better in 5.7.

0 votes
Sigmund Lundgren September 27, 2014

Thanks, will try!

Pascal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Sigmund, did you ever solve this? We're having the same problem with Stash 3.6.0 and Bamboo 5.7.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events