Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up groups and Teams

unvermt September 13, 2018

I have a few questions about the Teams and projects.

Why is it that you have to give everyone access to all projects, instead of creating new Teams and assigning projects that they can only see? 

Currently, I have to create a project and then remove all the teams I don't want to have access to it.

also, why can you have an admin group that doesn't have access to the billing information such as team admin, not full access?

1 answer

0 votes
simonolsen September 13, 2018

I tried it out on my team as well, and yes, the team automatically gets rights to any new repo.

Try this out.

1. From the Dashboard view, click on your user avatar (bottom left)
  2. From the fly-out menu, select the team you want to manage - this should take you to the list of repositories
  3. Down the left-hand menu under the team name, click Settings
  4. Under Access management, click User groups
  5. Click on the name of one of your groups

It should say on the next screen something like...

This group has the following repository access

• Write access to new team repositories
  1. Click Edit
  2. There is a dropdown for Default repository access. You should be able to set this to None, or whatever you want their initial access to be to new repos (you might want this group, or all groups, to have read access for any new repo created.

As to the question about billing, I think someone from Atlassian will need to answer that. I'm an admin of my Team, but I don't see any billing info. I think billing is tied to a single user, not a Team. That's why other admins can see plan and billing info.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events