cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robots.txt for bitbucket server

Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hello,

we are trying to add a robots.txt file to a bitbucket server installation (4.13.0).

The tricks used for JIRA to put the files in the $INSTALL/atlassian-<application>/ directory does not work for bitbucket.

Did any of you managed to do that without installing front webserver ?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Hi Corentin! At the moment, Bitbucket Server itself does not provide a way to either serve a "robots.txt" or add the "noindex" meta tag to stop search engine crawling your instance. The recommended solution would be to configure a reverse proxy in front of your Bitbucket Server instance to serve either the meta tag or the "robots.txt" file.

You can read Proxying and securing Bitbucket Server and Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache HTTP Server (mod_proxy_http) for more information on running Bitbucket server behind a reverse proxy.

There is also a feature request to implement this, you can vote for it at BSERV-3601 - robots.txt file for STASH to stop google from crawling my site.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Corentin Méhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for your answer.

I already found all those resources but we were looking for feedback on how to avoid installing yet another tool.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Oh, I see Corentin. Unfortunately, that is not possible at the moment so please make sure to add your vote to BSERV-3601 - robots.txt file for STASH to stop google from crawling my site.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events