cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over size repository

ballest
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2022

Hello,

<repo-name-removed> repository is over 4GB of size. I've deleted unuseful branches but size remains the same.

how can I run a git gc on that repo?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2022

Hi @ballest and welcome to the community.

It is not possible at the moment for users to trigger a git gc for their remote repos.

I attempted to run a git gc for your repo twice, but the process failed both times.

I am therefore going to create a support ticket for you, so one of our engineers can look into it.

You will receive an email with a link to the support ticket within the next few minutes (I'll use the email of your community account when creating the ticket).

Just a heads up, I removed the repo name from your post to protect your privacy.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

ballest
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2022

hi theodora,
really thank you for your help. is there a reason why the gc process fails? is there something wrong in my repo?
I'll wait for yours engineers.

thanks 

davide

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2022

Hi Davide,

I'm not sure why the process is failing as I don't have direct access to your repo, I ran the git gc from a UI tool we have.

With a support ticket open, the engineer working on your case will be able to access the repo and investigate.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like ballest likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events