cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build number not auto-generate

Sean8218
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2019

Hello 
I have some question with Build_number
when i use the pipleline to push the package to myget and get the build_number for versioin No.but it always stop on 59 
No mater What i do. It's always show 59 and myget's package not change 
the picture show how I get the build_number
so  I want to ask anyone have same problem or have the solution
Thank you 
註解 2019-07-03 104603.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello @Sean8218

As you can see in this thread clone depth does what? Why do I care about this setting? on Philip Hodder's response, Pipelines have a shallow clone configuration by default and that is probably the reason you are facing this issue. Your method for counting builds needs to have a full clone to work.

In that same thread, you will see that a feature request was created to allow this configuration per pipeline:

You will find a workaround that will allow you to fetch all the commits In the feature request above. Keep in mind that depending on the size of your repository this may slow down your build.

After all this, I still keep myself thinking about why you need this extra variable to give you the build number. Do you think the pipelines default build number could be useful to you?
It is available in this variable:  BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER. If you are not using this variable because you need to adjust the build number to match your needs, please check this article:

I hope this information helps you to move forward. =]

Sean8218
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2019

Thank you so much 
our project on master is over than 50 nodes 
After we use depth: full 
It's really solve the problem

Thanks @Daniel Santos  It's really help me a lot

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2019

You are welcome @Sean8218
I'm glad things are working as expected now =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events