Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket wont start due to plugin errors after a server reboot

daniel carden December 18, 2017

Hi this morning we had issues on our server and it had to be force rebooted, I'm not sure if some corruption has accrued but i can't now get bitbucket to start up again.

I get errors that plugins couldn't be started. I have tried removing the plugins directory from the home directory so bitbucket would re-build then but i get the same errors.

here is a link to the log file: View Log File.

Id be grateful if anyone had any ideas of how to help with this.

Many thanks

Daniel.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Try the following:

1. Stop BitBucket.

2. Backup and remove the following directories. They will be rebuilt when Stash starts again.
    1. $BitBucket_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins/
    2. $BitBucket_HOME/plugins/.osgi-cache/
  3. Add the following start-up argument -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300
    1. See configuring BitBucket on start-up documentation for the appropriate method to add start-up arguments for your operating system and start-up method:
  4. Start BitBucket

If that still doesn't work:

• If you're running any AV on the server, try disabling it or adding an exclusion for the <BitBucket-home> and <BitBucket-install> directories.
  • Treat it as a performance issue and see if you can work out where the resource contention is while starting BitBucket which is causing the delay and timeout of the plugin extraction.

Let me know the results and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events