Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atlassian/sftp-deploy deploying files under build folder on remote server

sunny_php March 22, 2019

Problem: i am using atlassian/sftp-deploy to deploy my final master push to live server .  i don't know  what is worng but its deploying my files under build folder on my remote server: 

REMOTE_PATH: '/var/www/html/'
LOCAL_PATH: $(pwd) (not sure even its right )

1 answer

0 votes
mwatson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2019

Hi Sunny,

`$(pwd)` is resolving to `/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build` so sftp is taking that path and copying everything to your remote, i.e. /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/wibble gets copied to /var/www/html/build/wibble. If you change `$(pwd)` to `.` I'm guessing it will then copy ./wibble to /var/www/html/./wibble, which is actually just /var/www/html/wibble, which should be what you want.

Hope this helps,

Matt

sunny_php March 25, 2019

HI @mwatson  thanks for answer. Somehow it work with /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build*   by putting '*' in front. but Now the problem is its  uploading full source code. I want to upload only newly  pushed  code  to be upload to the deployment  . 

I don't know if its even possible . currently i am creating zip [which contain all the code. that's issue. and uploading to live server here is my current yml file.

pipelines:
branches: # Automated triggers on commits to branches
master: # -- When committing to master branch
- step:
name: Deploy to production
deployment: production
script:
- apt-get update # required to install zip
- apt-get install -y zip # required for packaging up the application
# - zip -r /tmp/hutchh.zip *
- zip -r /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/hutchh.zip '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/'
- pipe: atlassian/sftp-deploy:0.3.1
variables:
USER: 'webuser'
SERVER: '54.66.217.82'
REMOTE_PATH: '/var/www/html/'
LOCAL_PATH: '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/hutchh.zip'

I want to zip and upload only files that are commit or pushed to master branch. not all source which currently happening 

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events