Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Runner Not Working

J_ Cole March 29, 2022

I am attempting to implement a Windows runner on my Server 2019 instance. I ran the steps per the runner installation: 1) pull down runner zip 2) expand archive 3) change directory 4) execute start.ps1 with the required parameters.

Upon doing this, the Java window quickly appears and then flashes away. I can't even read if any errors are showing. 

Please advise the proper troubleshooting steps.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hello @J_ Cole ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Support.

I understand you are having issues to start your Windows runner, and the java screen just seem to pop up and close.

In order to make sure your environment is compliant with the Windows Runner minimum requirements, could you please confirm if the following is applicable to your environment ?

• OpenJDK 11

• Git 2.35.0 and above

• PowerShell 5.0 and above

• A 64-Bit Windows 10+ or Windows Server 2019+ instance with at least 8GB of RAM as a host for the runner.

If your environment meets all the requirements above, I would like to ask you to download the latest version of the windows runner zip file, which usually contains bug fixes that might hep on the issue you are currently facing. By the time I write this message, the link of the latest windows runner version if the following :

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/pipelines/atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner-1.315.zip -OutFile .\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner.zip

You can download and extract it, and use the same start command you were given when you first created the runner. Make sure to run the powershell as Administrator to execute the start.ps1 script.

Do let us know how it goes and if you are still facing the issue after the suggestion above.

Thank you @J_ Cole !

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events