Will there be Bitbucket Server Pipelines support?

Dennis December 1, 2017

I recently upgraded my Mac Sourcetree to v2.7 (142) and see a major announcement for Bamboo integration. We are using Bamboo integrally in our workflow and have come to depend upon this in most everything we do.

Having build info and interaction would be a welcome enhancement.

I see an older post from June, 2016 saying "there’s no direct plan to make Pipelines available to Bitbucket Server".

Is this still the case or is there something on the roadmap now for adding this enhancement in the future?

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi @Dennis,

Pipelines is a a Bitbucket Cloud feature only. We stopped offering Bamboo as part of our Cloud solutions back in January, 2017, and it was replaced by Pipelines.

Sten's answer to the post from June, 2016 is still correct, and to be honest it is very unlikely that this will ever be possible. There are no plans to make Pipelines available to Bitbucket Server, and that is due to the fact that you can still integrate Bitbucket Server with Bamboo.
In addition to that, you can also add repositories based in Bitbucket Server in Sourcetreee.

Please let us know if you need any further clarifications.

Felipe

Dennis December 1, 2017

@Felipe Kraemer, Thanks for your clarification. My question was not specific, and I misused the "Pipelines" name. I intended to ask about the integration of Bamboo Server build information through Bitbucket Server to my updated Sourcetree client. My Sourcetree client is capable of displaying my Bamboo builds, but when I click in Sourcetree to get more information it prompts me for the "Pipeline" source.

Is there something I can do to enable Bamboo Server <--> Bitbucket Server such that Sourcetree has visibility of Bamboo Server builds? I have them linked together as applications now, but is there something else I can do to pass through the build info to Sourcetree?

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events