Will Sourcetree 1.3 be available in the Mac App Store?

I just downloaded the current version of Sourcetree from the Mac App Store and saw that 1.3 will bring the bundled version of Mercurial to 2.0.1. Will version 1.3 be a free upgrade for me? Also do you have an ETA as to when it will be available? Lastly, if I manually install Mercurial 2.0.1 and have Sourcetree use the "system Mercurial", will a subsequent upgrade to version 1.3 be painless?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The plan is to submit the update to the App Store fairly soon, and it will be a free upgrade.

You may have to manually download again because we need to move the app to the Atlassian App Store account and Apple don't provide a seamless way to do that unfortunately, but we'll provide instructions if that has to be the case.

You can't use Mercurial 2.0.1 with SourceTree 1.2.x, you need to be using 1.3 or higher, this is due to some breaking changes in Mercurial 1.9/2.0 which affected some extensions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,217 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you