Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my starter license invalid for new version.

Socko-71 February 6, 2018

I upgraded Bit Bucket (Server) from 5.1.1 to 5.7.1 and upon logging on I see an error message that states "Your license is not valid for this version of Bitbucket. Users will not be able to push code to repositories hosted on Bitbucket". My starter license is current with support Do I have to get a new starter license?  (SEN-8168226)  Will I run into the same issue when I update our production version (SEN-4361806)

Thanks in advamce

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Bob! The first license (SEN-8168226expired on 13-Sep-2018. You'll need to renew it if you want to use the newest version of Bitbucket. The second license (SEN-4361806) will expire on 13-Apr-2018. You can still update the Bitbucket version attached to this license before it expires.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

Socko-71 February 7, 2018

Thanks again...

Actually I just re-read your response. You stated: "The first license (SEN-8168226expired on 13-Sep-2018. You'll need to renew it if you want to use the newest version of Bitbucket".  13-Sep-2018 isn't for another 7 months.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Hi Bob, I'm sorry! I kept thinking that was the past September. Let me check with the rest of the team what could have gone wrong and I'll post back as soon as I have any info.

Regards,

Ana

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2018

Hi Bob, did you change your hardware during the upgrade? In that case it's possible that the Server ID changed and you'll need to have a new license generated to match the ID of the Server. If that's the case let us know and we'll continue helping you with that.

Also, can you confirm the number of users you have in your Bitbucket instance?

Regards,

Ana

Server didn't change and we have 10 users

Socko-71 February 8, 2018

Should I have our contract admin just call for a new license to see if that resolves the issue?

Socko-71 February 12, 2018

Is there a support number I can call this is taking too long...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

Atlassian don't have support numbers except for premium support contracts, everything goes through https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Socko-71 February 13, 2018

Okay I think I found the issue. I restored back to 5.1.1 and looked at the license and it was set at SEN-L8511696 which expired on 12 Sept 2017. Our admin contract person received a new license SEN-8168226 but failed to install it.  He's not here today so is there anyway you could send me the key for SEN-8168226.   

Thanks

Socko-71 February 13, 2018

The admin dude showed up and gave me the key...All is well...Sorry for all the hub-bub...

Thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2018

Hi Bob, no worries! Glad you could figure this out, and sorry for the delay in responding.

Have a good day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events