Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While uploading a plugin via UPM, it returns the "Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined "

Harish October 25, 2015

I am trying to add the "Workzone" plugin to my STASH instance, it returns 500 server error :

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin:upm-web-resources.js:3474 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

How to resolve this error ?

1 answer

0 votes
BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2015

Hi Harish,

Please update to the latest compatible UPM version and see if the error occurs. If it does, can you file a bug for us in the UPM project?

At the moment, the latest available UPM version is 2.20.3 however the latest compatible version may be an earlier one depending on your version of Bitbucket Server (formerly "Stash"). See a list of all UPM versions here.

Thanks,
Ben 

Harish October 26, 2015

Hi Ben, Upgraded the UPM and tried, but the error seems to recur. Is there a way i can manually install this plugin without the help of the UPM?

BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2015

Possibly. It depends on when and why the error occurs. You can try clicking on the add-on's "Marketplace listing" link and then downloading the artifact there, and then uploading the artifact using UPM's "Upload add-on" link. However, I'd still like to determine the root cause so that we can fix this for you and other customers. Can you file a UPM bug? Given that the server returns a 500 error I'm expecting that there is a stacktrace that will give us some useful information. Also, to what UPM version did you update?

Harish October 27, 2015

Hi Ben, Could you direct me on how to file that bug report? also i am skeptical if that would work since my corporate network blocks uploads/access to a few external sites.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events