Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Bitbucket Cloud support the Rebase, merge strategy?

John Camerin February 1, 2019

We use Bitbucket Cloud and our strategy for PRs is to rebase the branch on the target so it becomes a fast-forward and merge with a merge commit, aligned with the Rebase, merge strategy available on Bitbucket Server. Since this is not supported by Cloud, I have to perform the rebase myself once the PR is approved, wait for the build process again and then merge. I would like for Bitbucket Cloud to perform the rebase as part of the merge process.

4 answers

Tobin Richard May 10, 2022

It makes Bitbucket Cloud look bad.

Strong understatement there. It makes BitBucket Cloud look terrible. Users have no choice but to migrate off Server, and Cloud is missing so many features that require manual workarounds instead.

It is astounding that Cloud is missing so many basic features that Server had.

Like # people like this
MartinHerren September 30, 2022

Here we are absolutely horrified about this lack of useful merge strategies.
We were always picky about having a clean commit history and it is impossible to enforce with the cloud version.

The good point is that this gives us additional arguments for the management to finally move away from bitbucket (and hopefully from the rest of atlassian as well).

Like # people like this
2 votes
Alex E September 18, 2020

Here is the ticket.  Everyone go vote, we need this ASAP!!!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-16610

0 votes
rolandas.valantinas June 19, 2020

One can't even say - you get what you pay for, because GitHub cost $1 more. Of course if you need a SSO you have to pay nearly 4 times more for Github ($21) than BitBucket ($6)

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi John,

Please feel free to submit your feature request to our issue tracker portal. Once you do, you can share the link here to give it more visibility.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Daniel Marra February 15, 2022

2 years later, still waiting. How hard could it be to add this? Meanwhile we get time wasted on big changes (like PR interface) that dont actually _help_. Big new feature are fun, but fix the damned basics first. 

Like # people like this
rolandas.valantinas February 15, 2022

My company just migrating to GitLab as their CI integration is lightyears away from what BB provides. Plus GitLab seems to work more like GitHub

Like Guillaume Alvarez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events