• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • When we migrate the database from sqlserver then it is stored it on our local machine. But I want to store this database on BitBucket Server. So for that What I have to do.?

When we migrate the database from sqlserver then it is stored it on our local machine. But I want to store this database on BitBucket Server. So for that What I have to do.?

I have install the Bitbucket Server on my machine and I had succesfully migrate the database.

But I dnt Undestand the why this backup is stored on local machine.

I want to store the database on Bitbucket server.

So what I have to do for that.?

Please help me asap......

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Adam Ahmed Atlassian Team May 11, 2016

You might need to clarify your question here.

1. If you migrate databases, all Bitbucket Server needs to know is where the database lives. You can put it on your local computer, or on a computer somewhere else.
  2. Backups are something different from migrations. Backups mean the contents of the database and the filesystem are exported to a file and can then be imported to a different instance or at a later time (if something catastrophic happens). This has nothing to do with where the database is stored.

Can you restate the question to clarify which of these you mean and what aspect of it you're worried about?

This widget could not be displayed.

Yess, I understand what you have told me.

But my question is,

I have to integrate the sqlserver to Bitbucket Server.

means I have to store the database on Bitbucket Server.

So for that what I have to do...?

Please Help me..

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,319 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you