Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try and Download an Archive I get an Empty Zip File. What am I doing wrong?

Thuggers August 29, 2018

I Recently have had a freind who want to collaborate with me on a project. Since I have been maintaining my Repo on my bit bucket server I thought the best way for him to get in and familiar with my project would be to download the latest copy of the source files and play with them without necessarily setting up a Repo. When he tried to download the files from the Remote repository he got an Empty Zip. When I tried I too received an Empty Zip. The project is about 600MB zipped. Are we doing something silly. What would be the best practice method of getting him the source files?

I have been using Source Tree and bitbucket for a couple of years but I am still what I would call a newbie at it.

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2018

Hi Michael!

Are you using a reverse proxy? If so, it's very likely that the reverse proxy is misconfigured and thus cutting the download by timeout, they may have the reverse proxy which cut the download by timeout. For more info about how to set up a reverse proxy, you can read Proxying and securing Bitbucket Server.

If you have any questions or that is not your case, please let us know so we can continue helping you!
Best regards,
Ana
Thuggers September 1, 2018

The Bitbucket Server is at my work, we access it directly through the internet via a DynDNS address that points to our external router/firewall. There is NO other Proxy in between. I don't feel like that is. the issue There doesn't seem to be ANY sort of delay which would constitute a timeout. It goes through the process, says its sending the file, says the file is X Mb but when it finishes receiving its only 1KB and it says its corrupt when you try and extract it.

If it was the Router Firewall being mis-configured what sort of settings should I be looking for to correct THAT issue. If it is something else, what should I look for, assuming that it is not a firewall/router/proxy  issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events