What projects can access Team ENV vars Edited

We need access to our private repos in pipelines and its a bit cumbersome when you have a lot of repos to add the ENV var for the private access key and the public access key to every repo.

So we added the private key to a team ENV var. But it still cant access!?
The docs say "Environment variables specified for a team or an individual account can be accessed from all repositories that belong to the team or account."

Does "belong" mean, projects that are owned by the team or also projects that the team has read/write access to?

A solution how to make *many* depending private repositories accessable at a time in pipelines would be great.

Any suggestions welcome.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

> Does "belong" mean, projects that are owned by the team or also projects that the team has read/write access to?

Belong means the owning team or account.

Let's say I have a team called "atlassian"  and a repo "website" -> url would be https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/website. Then the "owner" of website is atlassian.

If I added environment variable PRIVATE_KEY at the team level to "atlassian", then any pipeline running for website should get the $PRIVATE_KEY variable

If website doesn't get $PRIVATE_KEY, then this is a bug and you should raise it with our support team.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,312 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you