Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most useful tool in bitbucket cloud?

Sagiruddin Mondal September 13, 2018

Hello!

I am using bitbucket git. but never used bitbucket cloud. Can you please tell me what is the difference and why we would use this service?

3 answers

0 votes
weiwei2 September 14, 2018

i have used bitbucket cloud (in the past i just call it bitbucket) and one good difference between it and the server is for small team up to 5 pax, bitbucket cloud can be used free of charge. it is very good for start-up . there is not free option for bitbucket server

0 votes
Deleted user September 14, 2018

Bitbucket cloud is the same as Bitbucket git. It's only a different name. With bitbucket you can create a team, manage pull requests, trigger pipelines, add some integrations (slack, jira, etc...)

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2018

HI @Sagiruddin Mondal

Welcome to the community!

The Bitbucket Server and BItbucket Cloud are the same and both will use GIT as a Source Code Management.

Those who do not want to invest money/time in hardware/memory to install BItbucket server or those who want to use the bitbucket as early as possible they will use the BItbucket cloud because this is on the cloud so just you need to sign up and purchase the User license.

The second one is for Bitbucket server you need to install Git manually but in Bitbucket cloud by default supports GIT and Mercurial SCM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events