What happened to the labelHtml param for widget.aui.form.text?

Some of my plugins use the soy text form and the labelHtml parameter is showing up as undefined in my plugins. The rest of the parameters show up correctly.

I'm developing plugins for stash 3.3.0 and I'm having trouble finding any documentation on what this parameter has been renamed to.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Adam Ahmed Atlassian Team Sep 25, 2014

It's worth noting that most of Stash's Soy templates are not actually considered API, and are not stable. The scope of the API is listed here https://developer.atlassian.com/stash/docs/latest/reference/soy-api.html#API_Scope (currently includes Stash.template.* and aui.*)  If you want to use the real AUI-provided Soy templates, they live under aui.*, not widget.aui.*.

I would suggest switching to the AUI templates, where possible. There is currently little/no documentation for them, unfortunately, but the source for form templates  is at https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/aui/src/29e1d8dfed69693c0058e95a2430fe062d9698b8/src/soy/form.soy?at=master

aui.form.textField is probably the most interesting template to you right now.

With all that said, the labelHtml param was renamed to labelContent, but that could change at any time. To be honest, we'd ideally like to kill off the widget.aui.* templates as soon as we can, so your best bet is to switch to using a stable API.

Thanks, that was very useful.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,408 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you