It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What configuration examples would you like to see for Bitbucket Pipelines?

Viewing page 2 of 5

116 answers

3 votes
Issam Wakidi Aug 08, 2016

QML

Cathal Mac Donnacha Sep 11, 2018

React native

3 votes
Ben Edwards Aug 09, 2016

Salesforce

3 votes
Daniel Wester Community Leader Aug 13, 2016

Not as much of of a language but rather a "how to". I'd really like to be able to see an example of how to configure it with sensitive credentials so that we can deploy it without having to store the creds in the repo (or the creds to the thing that holds the creds)...

Joshua Tjhin Atlassian Team Aug 14, 2016

Hey Daniel, you can already store credentials as secured environment variables. Although not described on the configuration screen, it is documented in our user docs. Just wondering if you knew about this or something we need surface better.

Daniel Wester Sep 16, 2016

Wasn't aware of it so it helps a little bit. But the problem with that one is that it's still a little bit open:

Environment variables added on the repository level can be accessed by any users with the push permission in the repository.

Ideally it would be restricted to repo admin and pipelines. smile

Joshua Tjhin Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2016

Hey @Daniel Wester [Wittified],

The reason why anyone with 'push' permission to the repository can 'access' those variables is that the pipeline configuration is in the repository so they could modify the build script to indirectly access them.

3 votes
inbar_tm Sep 05, 2016

Build docker images and then deploy to IaaS (AWS, Azure, others)

3 votes
Michael Giannikouris Sep 24, 2016

Plain old C!

3 votes
Tom Peiffer Oct 04, 2016

I think .NET is one of the most important that is missing... (not .NET CORE)

3 votes
Tom Peiffer Oct 04, 2016

I understand, that for full integration of .NET, I suppose you need a Windows Environment that is running on your servers....

BUT.... .NET is such an important environment - especially C# -, I think you really should try to integrate that framework as well. And not only .NET Core!!! According to some international programming language popularity, .NET (C#) is quite on top...

3 votes
David Sheardown Oct 13, 2016

Javascript based apps i.e. gulp/grunt etc.

3 votes
Pratim Chaudhuri Feb 10, 2017
Scala or SBT
2 votes
Joshua Tjhin Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2016

Haskell

2 votes
Alex Metcalfe Aug 09, 2016

c# please

2 votes
orestisgorgas Aug 14, 2016

Scala

2 votes
Jeff Steinmetz Aug 25, 2016

scala / sbt

2 votes
Nicolas Delaforge Sep 19, 2016

Scala - SBT

2 votes
Vidit Bhatia Apr 23, 2017

react native

1 vote
ahmed.arif Aug 08, 2016

QML

1 vote
Stefan Aug 11, 2016

.Net with VB

1 vote
pierreslamich NA Aug 29, 2016

Perl

Alen Yokhanis Aug 07, 2018

Yes Perl and how to build a custom perl docker image;

1 vote
Fidel Lopez Sep 29, 2016

Android, please. And I need to know the location of the .apk file once it is generated when I build. Thank you.

1 vote
Ellis Valentiner Oct 12, 2016

R

1 vote
Dino Fancellu Oct 13, 2016

scala/sbt

1 vote
Marko Milicevic Jan 20, 2017

+1 Java/Gradle

My concern is more so the upcoming YAML config support for hosted Bitbucket (will it also be branded Pipelines as well?).

Even more so than language examples i think you should also focus on non-trivial pipeline usecases.

In my case i am dying to see examples of non-trivial pipelines demonstrated/templated with Bamboo...

• start off with a simple Continuous Integration pipeline of a simple App
  • then evolve that into a progressively more complex Continuous Delivery scenarios...
  • more complex CD pipeline choreographing several independent Bitbucket project/microservices.
  • add complexity with shared libraries build artifacts that are published to Artifactory.
  • add complexity by demonstrating static build artifacts that are deployed/published to an appserver (javadoc, swagger doc, generate pdfs).
  • add complexity with various Pipeline stages (Commit tests, unit, integration, deployment, smoke tests,...).
  • add complexity with various branching strategies (automatic branch merging, rush boxes, ....).
  • add complexity with deployment concerns (version management, cloud deployment, CloudFactory, Docker/container dependent services, Blue/Green, Canary, Rollback, etc...).
  • etc...
1 vote
Pratim Chaudhuri Feb 10, 2017

Scala or SBT

1 vote
Kuba Buczek Feb 24, 2017

Perl

1 vote
Camille Comeau May 04, 2017

Unity 3d. Please

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,967 views 1 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you