Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What configuration examples would you like to see for Bitbucket Pipelines?

Viewing page 2 of 5

116 answers

3 votes
AstronautMonk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2017
Scala or SBT
3 votes
dsheardown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2016

Javascript based apps i.e. gulp/grunt etc.

3 votes
Tom Peiffer October 4, 2016

I understand, that for full integration of .NET, I suppose you need a Windows Environment that is running on your servers....

BUT.... .NET is such an important environment - especially C# -, I think you really should try to integrate that framework as well. And not only .NET Core!!! According to some international programming language popularity, .NET (C#) is quite on top...

3 votes
Tom Peiffer October 4, 2016

I think .NET is one of the most important that is missing... (not .NET CORE)

3 votes
Michael_Giannikouris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 24, 2016

Plain old C!

3 votes
inbar_tm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 5, 2016

Build docker images and then deploy to IaaS (AWS, Azure, others)

3 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2016

Not as much of of a language but rather a "how to". I'd really like to be able to see an example of how to configure it with sensitive credentials so that we can deploy it without having to store the creds in the repo (or the creds to the thing that holds the creds)...

xtjhin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2016

Hey Daniel, you can already store credentials as secured environment variables. Although not described on the configuration screen, it is documented in our user docs. Just wondering if you knew about this or something we need surface better.

Daniel Wester September 16, 2016

Wasn't aware of it so it helps a little bit. But the problem with that one is that it's still a little bit open:

Environment variables added on the repository level can be accessed by any users with the push permission in the repository.

Ideally it would be restricted to repo admin and pipelines. smile

xtjhin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2016

Hey @Daniel Wester [Wittified],

The reason why anyone with 'push' permission to the repository can 'access' those variables is that the pipeline configuration is in the repository so they could modify the build script to indirectly access them.

3 votes
Ben Edwards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 9, 2016

Salesforce

3 votes
Issam Wakidi August 8, 2016

QML

cmacdonnacha September 11, 2018

React native

2 votes
PeterNinja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2017

ColdFusion

2 votes
viditbhatia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2017

react native

2 votes
Nicolas Delaforge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2016

Scala - SBT

2 votes
Jeff Steinmetz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 25, 2016

scala / sbt

2 votes
orestisgorgas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 14, 2016

Scala

2 votes
Alex Metcalfe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 9, 2016

c# please

2 votes
xtjhin
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2016

Haskell

1 vote
Camille Comeau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 4, 2017

Unity 3d. Please

1 vote
Scott Bennett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 7, 2017

ColdFusion/CFML

1 vote
Nick Tong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 9, 2017

Coldfusion / CFML

1 vote
Kuba Buczek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 24, 2017

Perl

1 vote
AstronautMonk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 10, 2017

Scala or SBT

1 vote
Marko Milicevic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 20, 2017

+1 Java/Gradle

My concern is more so the upcoming YAML config support for hosted Bitbucket (will it also be branded Pipelines as well?).

Even more so than language examples i think you should also focus on non-trivial pipeline usecases.

In my case i am dying to see examples of non-trivial pipelines demonstrated/templated with Bamboo...

• start off with a simple Continuous Integration pipeline of a simple App
  • then evolve that into a progressively more complex Continuous Delivery scenarios...
  • more complex CD pipeline choreographing several independent Bitbucket project/microservices.
  • add complexity with shared libraries build artifacts that are published to Artifactory.
  • add complexity by demonstrating static build artifacts that are deployed/published to an appserver (javadoc, swagger doc, generate pdfs).
  • add complexity with various Pipeline stages (Commit tests, unit, integration, deployment, smoke tests,...).
  • add complexity with various branching strategies (automatic branch merging, rush boxes, ....).
  • add complexity with deployment concerns (version management, cloud deployment, CloudFactory, Docker/container dependent services, Blue/Green, Canary, Rollback, etc...).
  • etc...
1 vote
Dino Fancellu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 13, 2016

scala/sbt

1 vote
Ellis Valentiner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 12, 2016

R

1 vote
Fidel Lopez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 29, 2016

Android, please. And I need to know the location of the .apk file once it is generated when I build. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events