Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewed inidcator for Files List/Tree on PRs

Daniel Lutz March 20, 2024

Hello community (maybe someone from the bitbucket team),

is it plan to bring a viewed incidcator to the Files list/tree on PRs status page. Currently it is possible to set a change as `Viewed` and there is also an indicator for `n on m files` files viewed.

But what currently missing is that i can see in the right pane an indicator befor the file. So when i search files which are currently not set as viewed the only way is to navigate with the previouss-next file button untile i found some file.

This should be go easier.

Best regards

Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2024

Hi Daniel,

Are you able to please share a screenshot of the screen that you are referring to? Please note that this is a public forum so I would recommend obscuring any parts of the image containing sensitive information. 

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Daniel Lutz March 24, 2024

Hello Ben,

FEATURE

in a PR i can currently use the following steps

1. Set a file as "Viewed"
  2. Here i see how many files are currently viewed from myself
  3. To navigate i can use the buttons here

2024-03-24_13-22-11.png

What i miss is in th files list (list or tree mode; right panel)

2024-03-24_13-25-07.png

An indicator to see which files are viewed. The problem is that we have often not the time to review all files in one round. So when i come back i must remember which files are reviewed. Or navigate with the buttons above (3.) through all files.

BUG

In this case i also recognize a bug. When a file is only renamed i can set the checkbox for viewed and the counter for viewed files is increased but when i select another file the counter decrease and the viewed state for an renamed file is resetted.

Best regards

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2024

Hi Daniel,

I have raised a feature request on your behalf, feel free to Watch this to receive future updates related to it and Vote for it to improve its visibility  with regard to customer demand:

With regard to the bug you mentioned - may I know how you're renaming the file, is this via a commit?

Cheers!

Daniel Lutz March 25, 2024

Hello Ben,

thanks for opening an feature request. The renaming is happen via commit.

Best regards

Ben
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2024

Hey Daniel,

I've attempted to do this and have been unable to reproduce. Here are the steps I've followed:

• Commit two files to a feature branch
  • Rename one file on the feature branch
  • Create a PR
  • Tick viewed on the first file, this shows as 1/2 Viewed
  • Tick viewed on the second file, this correctly shows 2/2 Viewed

May I know if this process is similar to the steps you performed when noticing this bug? If not, please provide the exact steps so that I may attempt again to reproduce it and log a bug.

Cheers!

Daniel Lutz March 26, 2024

2024-03-26_08-54-25.gif

Daniel Lutz March 26, 2024

I made a simple gif which shows you the bug. I cannot say if it depend on the file type (i see it on resx files and csproj files) I would say the steps explain how we work. Person 1 creates the PR and Person 2 reviewed it.

Ben
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2024

Hi @Daniel Lutz 

Thank you for providing a visual representation, this is helpful.

I've raised a support ticket on your behalf as I'll need to gain access to your workspace and reproduce it from my end - so far I have been unable to do so on my own repository even with the gif you've attached.

Please check your email for further correspondence.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events