Upgrading Stash 2.3.1 to 2.7.latest - any pitfalls?

I am planning to upgrade our stash server from 2.3.1 to 2.7.2. Are there any in-between upgrades that I should do?

We are using the mysql database.

I have seen the notes about backing things up, after stopping the stash and mysql services.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi John,

Our in-application upgrade should handle the relevant migration from any previous version of Stash.

However, there might be unforseen problems and we highly recommend backing up everything before performing any upgrade, just to be on the safe side. Posting this here just for completeness (and others).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+upgrade+guide

Just to double-check, did you see the warning at the bottom of that page about MySQL and binary logging?

Cheers,

Charles

Thank you Charles.

Yes I did. The notes for each release will warn you, when needed.

It turns out that we do not have binary logging turned on for MySQL, which I found out when I added the flag to /etc/my.cnf and MySQL would not start. Kudo's to the MySQL people for putting an error message in the log, that was understandable.

When I removed the binary logging setting to MIXED, it started up and no errors so far.

Regards,

John

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

29,475 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you