Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from older version with database migration

Márk Suller October 31, 2018

Hello!

We are currently using a bitbucket, jira, confluence app on a mssql 2008.

We want to make a big upgrade, and a database migration from mssql to postgres.

Current versions and what we want:

BitB.: 4.14.1 to latest (mssql 2008 -> mssql 2017)

Confl.: 5.10.4 to latest (mssql  2008 -> mssql 2017)

Jira.:  7.2.4 to latest (mssql 2008 -> mssql 2017)

Is there any difficulties in the version difference, or i could use my old xml backup from older db to the new ones?

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2018

Hi Márk, welcome to the Community :) 

Before proceeding with the upgrade, there are a couple things you should have into consideration:

1. SQL Server 2017 is not supported, the latest supported version is 2016. 
  2. The latest Bitbucket Server version available is 5.15 which is a major upgrade.

Since your current Bitbucket Server version doesn't support SQL Server 2016, you'll need to follow these steps to perform a successful upgrade:

1. Shutdown Bitbucket Server

2. Upgrade database to 2016

3. Install the new Bitbucket version

4. Start the new Bitbucket to perform the upgrade, for further instructions please read the Upgrade guide

5. Since this is a major upgrade, you need to migrate your customizations from server.xml to bitbucket.properties

Also, be sure to read the Bitbucket Server 5.0 release notes, take a full backup, and test your upgrade in a non-production environment before upgrading your production site.

For the other products my advice would be to post this question in their relevant section, as Jira and Confluence won't necessarily see your question if it's posted in the Bitbucket section.

I hope this helps you, Márk! If you need any further assistance let us know.

Kind regards,

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events