cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up 2-step verification. Email never received

Juraj P_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 21, 2024

Hello,

I've been trying to set up 2-step verification in Bitbucket.

However, I do not receive the associated email after doing that. So I cannot save the setup. 

Since my account also exists as "Atlassian ID" - for marketplace/subscription purposes - I've set 2-step there. It worked the first time.

But not for the "standard" Bitbucket Cloud - I cannot save as the email never arrives.

Maybe it's the case of being on the suppression list?

Thanks a lot,

Juraj

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2024

Hey @Juraj P_ ,

and welcome to the Community!

I confirmed your email was indeed added to the suppression list cause the latest attempts of Atlassian to send you an email were bounced back by your email server with the following message:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

I have removed your email from that list, and if your mailbox is working properly and able to receive email from other sources as usual, you should now be able to receive atlassian emails as well.

Could you try setting up 2FA again and let us know if the email is now successfully delivered?

Thank you, @Juraj P_ !

Patrik S

Juraj P_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2024

Thank you @Patrik S , it worked!

Like Patrik S likes this
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2024

Awesome, @Juraj P_ ! Glad to have been of some help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events