Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add a user to a team in Bitbucket.

mns28652 August 14, 2019

I am one of the administrator of an academic team working on a research project using the free licence on Bitbucket. As per the free licence, there can maximum be 5 users inside a team which we already had. So, to make a space for a new user, I removed one previous user from the team, and sent an invitation to this new user. 

When this new user accepts the invitation, he is getting the below error:

Invitation Error.jpg

The members in the team looks like below and their numbers are less than the permissible limit: 

Bitbucket Error.PNG

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? And if it is a bug, can someone please resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2019

Hi, welcome to the Community!

I've checked the team 'u****l' and I could see it already have 5 users, does that mean you were able to add the new user already?

If you're still unable to do so, please note that from our side we can see 5 users, let us know if this is the case so we can check what's going on. 

Also, keep in mind that we offer free academic accounts for applicable organizations, which would allow you to have free unlimited users. You can learn more about it in our blogWhat are the guidelines for academic licenses? and if you're interested, you can sign up using this form

Hope that helps!

Ana

mns28652 August 19, 2019

I believe that what you are seeing and what I am seeing is different for the 'u****l' team. Right now, there are just 4 users as 'administrator' and 4 users including 1 invite as 'developer'. I removed the user 'mk*******' a week back from both the groups, but I believe it is not being reflected in the team settings from your side.

I would check about the academic group options and get back to you, but right now I am not having the expected access to my team. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events