Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a webhook only when there is a commit on an opened pull request

Loïc Nguemegne Temena July 3, 2024

We were using our local bitbucket server and we were able to use the webhook Source branch updated but since we migrated to Bitbucket Cloud I don't have this option available.

Is there a way to have this webhook - Source branch updated  in bitbucket cloud?

4 answers

1 vote
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2024

Hi @Loïc Nguemegne Temena 👋 Bitbucket Cloud PM here. We have a public feature request logged for exactly what you're describing:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21184

As it happens, we're actively looking at adding this. Would you mind sharing a little bit about your use case?

Loïc Nguemegne Temena July 4, 2024

HI @Dave Parrish _Atlassian_ the opened feature request you sent is exactly what I'm looking for because right now I'm using the event Pull request updated and it triggers a lot of hooks when a reviewer is added or removed my goal is to trigger my hooks only if I have new commits on my pull request and ignore all other events on the PR.

1 vote
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Hi @Loïc Nguemegne Temena

There is no source branch updated event on the webhooks. We do provide an addon, Flowie which has support for source branch updated events. Depending on what you are trying to do it might be already covered by the plugins, and if not you can use a custom extension for that. E.g.: 'Trigger a HTTP endpoint on source branch update if the PR if target main and has a specific label'

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

@Loïc Nguemegne Temena As you a have a premium license you might want to contact support.atlassian.com to validate that or find the "recommended best way".

HTH

Nicolas 

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2024

@Loïc Nguemegne Temena welcome! Here you have the list of events for the webhooks :

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/manage-webhooks/

HTH

Nicolas

Loïc Nguemegne Temena July 3, 2024

Hi @Nicolas Grossi thank you I've seen this list but there is not the option I need before starting about another way to do it I wanted to make sure that this event is not available on Bitbucket Cloud

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events