The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Vamsi Mandadapu May 30, 2018

Hi Team,

While try to clone our private  repository to local we are getting issue. after counting and compressing objects issue was coming

cloning  was getting failed coming below issue.

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly fatal: early EOF fatal: index-pack failedbitbucket issuse.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

Hi Vamsi! This error indicates that something has interrupted your traffic. It doesn't really say what caused the interruption - whether it was Bitbucket, or something on your local network, or something else. From experience, in many cases this has been caused by network bandwidth. You can try using a different network and if that still doesn't work, you could do

git config --global core.compression 1

where 1 means "fastest compression".

If the issue is still not solved after that, let us know if this also happens when you perform other operations (push, pull, etc.) and whether you're using SSH or HTTPS.

Kind regards,

Ana

Vamsi Mandadapu June 4, 2018

Hi @Ana Retamal

Thanks for the quick solution, after applying provided command in git bash clone was performing successfully,

Thanks,

Vamsi Mandadapu

Bret Van Horn June 27, 2019

+1 this worked for me, as well. 

Like # people like this
umamaheswararao.musunuri May 15, 2020

it worked for me, thanks

Raghuvarran V H September 13, 2020

Hi, I am facing the same issue and the suggested solution does not work. I am  using SSH. I could not verify push or pull since I couldn't clone the repository at all. Any other workaround?

Like # people like this
Mostafa Mohamed January 31, 2021

me too :S

Mukhtar Ullah March 14, 2021

My action is pull for cloning, I have tried the above command, but the error remains. I am using https. 

vishwanath Deshpande January 26, 2023

Facing the same issue in Jenkins clone

James Stevens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

I tried

and 

`git config --global http.postBuffer 157286400` and neither fixed the problem

0 votes
Sadiqur Rahman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events