Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tests fail in Pipelines due to uncontactable service but works fine locally

Matthew Allen November 13, 2018

I have a node typescript project that is integration testing access to a mssql server and a gremlin graph server. Locally I am using Docker Compose to run the integration tests and everything is running and tests are passing locally with my mssql and gremlin docker services. However in my build pipeline the gremlin service cannot be reached by the script. I get an ECONNREFUSED on the 8182 port that gremlin server is exposed on. 

I am using the latest official tinkerpop/gremlin-server:3.2.10 docker image which in the config file sets host to localhost and port to 8182. I wondered if the problem might be the hostname so I created a custom build of the gremlin server with hostname set to 0.0.0.0 and * but neither of these worked either. The script can connect to the mssql server it is the graph server causing problems.

If I look at the gremlin server in pipelines the container is starting up correctly and serving on port 8182. My script is saying that it is failing to connect to 127.0.0.1:8182.

How can I go about trying to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Allen November 13, 2018

This is my pipelines file:

image: node:10-alpine
pipelines: branches: master: - step: name: Build and test script: - npm install - npm run build-no-test - npm run test artifacts: - dist/** - docs/** services: - gremlin-server - mssql - step: name: Publish deployment: production script: - npm publishdefinitions: services: gremlin-server: image: tinkerpop/gremlin-server:3.2.10 environment: GREMLIN_SERVER_VERSION: "3.2.10" ports: - "8182:8182" mssql: image: mcr.microsoft.com/mssql/server:2017-latest ports: - "1433:1433" environment: SA_PASSWORD: "G10b352018" ACCEPT_EULA: "Y"
William Sands June 13, 2019

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Like Pedro GN likes this
Pedro GN July 10, 2019

Did you?

Leandro Nicolas Landolfi December 11, 2019

I'm having this same issue. I have very little hope but did you find a solution? :( 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events