cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team member not receiving workspace invite

Sofia De Pina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

I sent a workspace invite to 2 users: One of them received it, the other didn't. 
Tried 4 or 5 more times, still nothing. But this user's email itself is working fine, and there's nothing in the spam folder.

Checking the community questions, I noticed some people have this issue where the invite email bounces...??
And apparently, I need to ask a question here to get someone to fix it... 

So... Please fix it..? Someone...?

1 answer

1 vote
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2024

Hi Sofia,

I have taken a look at your pending invitations, and can see that the user you've mentioned has not yet accepted the invite.

When checking in the backend, I can see that their mail server has rejected our email invitation with the following SMTP bounce error message:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy 

I have just removed the customer's email address from our suppression list. Please cancel the invitation and re-send it to the customer.

If they still do not receive the email, they will need to have their email administrator whitelist our Atlassian email addresses to prevent further blockages from their end - this is also highlighted in our documentation:

noreply@am.atlassian.com
no-reply@atlassian.com 
noreply@mailer.atlassian.com
notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Sofia De Pina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

Thank you so much!!
It's working now and the user has been successfully added to the workspace!!! 
Thanks for the prompt support!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events