cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: PRs dependency graph

Karl Sigiscar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

A complex project with several participants can have interdependent PRs. In order to understand these dependencies, visualisation is very helpful. Currently, this is a manual process. But it could be automated if Bitbucket generated a dependency graph.

IMG_5680.png

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the suggestion. I can create a feature request for our development team to consider. I would need a few details before I do so:

1. Does your request concern Bitbucket Cloud or Bitbucket Data Center? I see that your question has the tag 'bitbucket-cloud', but the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account doesn't have access to any repos.

If you are unsure, Bitbucket Cloud can be accessed at https://bitbucket.org/, while Bitbucket Data Center has a different, custom URL.

2. By interdependent PRs, do you mean PRs where the source branch of one PR, is the destination branch of another?

For example,
PR-1: from feature/a to develop branch
PR-2: from feature/ab to feature/a branch

3. I assume that each box in your graph represents a single PR, is that correct?

What do the different colors (white and green) indicate?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events